All FISU events
The speciﬁc regulations of the Championship will be produced by the Organising Committee who will use the text provided by FISU as a basis. This text will come under the responsibilities of the FISU Executive Committee and therefore cannot be modiﬁed without its approval. It will be sent to the participating countries.
The sports events of the Championship will be organised according to the most recent technical regulations of the relevant International Sport Federation, except if the FISU Executive Committee decides otherwise. The sports speciﬁc regulations are added to the Technical Regulations under the responsibility of the FISU Technical Delegate(s) in close co-operation with the Organising Committee.
GENERAL REGULATIONS (FISU WUC General Regulations)
1.5 Only the following may take part in the Championships:
a) An association with membership of FISU;
b) In the case of non-affiliation to FISU:
1. A country whose Olympic Committee is allowed to take part in the Olympic Games;
2. A country not having an Olympic Committee recognised by the IOC may take part in those sports for which there is a NSF of that country which is affiliated to the appropriate ISF. The Executive Committee will take a decision for each sport in which the country wishes to participate.
1.6 Only the competitors who satisfy the following conditions may take part in a FISU World University Championships:
a) Be a national of the country they represent;
b) Be at least 17 and less than 25 years of age on January 1st in the year of the event; for 2018, athletes must be born between the 01/01/1993 and the 31/12/2000
c) Meet the conditions laid down under Art. 5.2
5.2.1 Only the following may participate as competitors in a FISU World University Championship:
a) Students who are currently officially registered as proceeding towards a degree or diploma at a university or similar institute whose status is recognised by the appropriate national academic authority of their country;
b) Former students of the institutions mentioned in a) who have obtained their academic degree or diploma in the year preceding the event;
5.2.4 Number of participants and officials:
The maximum number of participants and officials in a delegation participating in the Championship is as stipulated in the technical regulations for the sport in question.
The judges and referees shall not be included in the number of officials.
If the delegation brings more officials than allowed, the Organising Committee may ask for an additional participation fee approved by the Executive Committee of FISU.
5.4.1 Entries will be accepted only from those organisations which have been invited to participate (Art. 5.1.1).
5.4.2 Countries must ensure that all their entries reach the Organising Committee by the due time and in the form prescribed by the Organising Committee and the regulations of FISU.
They shall take particular care in completing accurately the section of the entry forms concerning previous performances of individuals and teams to assist the officials in making the draws.
5.4.3 When entering, countries shall undertake that their competitors shall not withdraw from a sport event once it has begun. Should participants withdraw, CISCA is entitled to apply sanctions.
5.4.5 Deposit for individual sports
Three (3) months before the Championship, countries entering in an individual sport must confirm their entry with an advance payment of 25 % of the accommodation costs per competitor entered.
The deposit, which guarantees an entry for individual sports, shall be directly collected by the Organising Committee.
Should the competitor compete, his/her deposit shall be credited to the participation fees to be paid to the Organising Committee.
In the event of a withdrawal, this deposit shall cover the costs undertaken by the Organising Committee.
5.4.6 Entry forms must be submitted in the FISU Online Accreditation according o the procedure laid down by the Organising Committee and must be received under the following procedure:
I. Deadline for entry:
b) Individual sports (including those with concurrent or supporting team events):
1. General entries (engagement of participation) at least six (6) months before the beginning of the Championship;
2. Quantitative entries (confirmation of participation) with the number of officials and participants in each sports event, and with the payment of the deposit of 25% of the participation fees, at least three (3) months before the beginning of the Championship;
3. Individual entries (conditions for participation) with the list of competitors and substitutes, the events to which they will participate and the necessary photographs, one (1) month before the beginning of the Championship;
II. Entry procedures:
1. Entry forms shall be submitted in the FISU Online Accreditation System to meet the required entry deadlines.
2. Entries arriving after the expiration of the required deadlines will not be taken into consideration, except in the case of circumstances outside one’s control, with the agreement of the Executive Committee and on the advice of the Organising Committee;
3. Individual entry forms of athletes from a non-member association must be countersigned by the concerning NSF or by the NOC, and stamped with a seal from the said organisation.
4. The deposit, without any local or international bank fees which guarantees an entry in the team sports should be in the hands of FISU at the latest five (5) months before the Championship.
5. The deposit, without any local or international bank fees, which guarantees an entry for an individual sports should be in the hands of the Organising Committee at the latest three (3) months before the Championship.
5.4.7 By participating or otherwise appearing in a FISU event, each competitor, participant, official and each officer, agrees to be filmed, televised, photographed, identified and otherwise recorded, under the conditions and for the purposes authorised by FISU either currently or in the future and in relation to the promotion of the sporting, cultural, and educational activities organised under the aegis of FISU or under its endorsement.
5.6.2 Travel Costs
The countries shall be responsible for their own cost of travel to the nearest official point of entry (approved by FISU) of the Championship and return. The designated airport (VAASA AIRPORT) or other entry point (SEINÄJOKI TRAIN STATION) must be approved by the FISU WUC Department.
5.6.3 Participation fees
The competing countries, upon arrival, shall pay their dues for participation fees 70 EUR per night) and per person to the Organising Committee (in accordance with Art. 4.3 & 5.4).
b) Countries entering in individual sports must pay to the Organising Committee three (3) months before a prepayment of 25% of the participation fees for each athlete and official registered;
c) Upon their arrival each country must pay the remaining balance to the Executive Committee;
The Organising Committee, if it so wishes may receive this payment in its own currency at the official rate of exchange.
Any partial or complete withdrawal unannounced by a NUSF to the Organising Committee and the WUC Department or announced less than a week prior to the start of the competition and causing extra costs to the Organising Committee can be charged at the price of 70 EUR/night/person.
The participating countries must have the appropriate insurance to cover travel and participation, as they are not the responsibility of the Organising Committee nor FISU.