All FISU events
31 July – 4 August 2018
1. GENERAL TERMS
The cycling competitions shall be run in accordance with the most recent technical regulations of the “Union Cycliste Internationale” (UCI). In any dispute, the French text shall be regarded as authoritative.
The programme and duration of competitions are fixed by the FISU Executive Committee in agreement with the Organising Committee and the CTI. The competitions shall last minimum two (2) days and include as a minimum two (2) of the following disciplines:
Men’s and women’s events:
- Road events: -Road Race -Individual time trial -Criterium race
- Mountain bike: -Cross Country (XCO) -Down Hill -Marathon
- Cyclo-cross race
The Organising Committee shall propose a list of events and disciplines to the FISU Executive Committee at the latest eighteen (18) months prior to the Championship.
Each country may enter:
- for road race events, a maximum of six (6) men and six (6) women;
- for track events, a maximum of six (6) men and six (6) women;
- for mountain bike events, a maximum of six (6) men and six (6)women;
- for BMX events, a maximum of four (4) men and four (4) women;
- for cyclo-cross race events, a maximum of four (4) men and four (4) women.
The delegation may include the following officials, according to the number of competitors entered:
- up to nine (9) participants: three (3) officials;
- up to twenty (20) participants: four (4) officials;
- over twenty (20) participants: five (5) officials.
At the first General Technical Meeting, the Head of Delegation or his/her representative shall confirm and sign the official list of competitors accredited by the CIC.
Every cyclist must have a national cycling licence that is valid for the year of the Championship and issued by his/her national federation, which shall be affiliated to UCI.
2. PRE-COMPETITION PROCEDURE
Three (3) months before the Championship, the Organising Committee has the right to collect 25% of the total cost of stay per athlete and official from participating countries.
All procedures concerning the draw and attribution of race numbers shall follow the UCI procedures.
3. TECHNICAL OFFICIALS
3.1 Nomination and costs
International Commissaires shall be appointed jointly by UCI and FISU. The Organising Committee shall bear their costs of travel, board and lodging (from two (2) days before the opening ceremony to one (1) day after the closing ceremony).
National Commissaires shall be appointed jointly by the OC and the National Cycling Federation. The OC shall bear all their costs.
Other costs are referenced in the FISU – UCI partnership agreement.
3.2 Number of technical officials needed and qualification
The number of technical officials needed is specified per discipline and per event in the following table.
Subscribe to WUC newsletters and stay up to date with the latest news.
da Universidade do Minho
Campus de Gualtar
4710-057 Braga, Portugal
Phone: +351 253 604 124
2018 © World University Cycling Championship 2018 Braga
Designed and developed by gen design studio